5 Important Criminal Law Tips to Remember This Holiday Season
The Holiday Parties and gatherings are in full swing and that can lead to individuals making bad decisions. Making bad decisions can lead to your arrest and/or charged with a criminal offense. Just remember that even if you get arrested, you still have rights. Therefore, if you are arrested there are steps you can take to protect yourself.
Above all else, you should consult with Hickman Law Office. With the right attorney on your side, you will feel confident in your ability to prove your innocence.
Regardless of your past, here are 5 criminal law tips to keep in mind:
- When you are arrested for any criminal offense, it is within your rights to consult with an attorney before answering any questions. Think Miranda Rights.
- Should you have prior arrest or you if you are on probation and you are found guilty of a criminal offense, you may be subject to additional penalties including jail time.
- Believe it or not you have the right to refuse a law enforcement official requests to search your home. Once you inform the official that they are not entering immediately, consult with a criminal defense lawyer.
- If pulled over for suspicion of driving under the influence, you have the right to refuse a sobriety test at the scene.
- Operating a motor vehicle with a revoked or suspended license can lead to a total loss of driving privileges for an extended period of time.
So, enjoy the holidays, but should you find yourself in needing criminal advice, remember to contact Hickman Law Office.