Patient Died Due to Reversed Chemo Medication Instructions – $1,600,000 Settlement
VA Lawyers Weekly just reported that a man died due to a mistake on chemo medication instructions prescribed by his doctor. “One drug, Lomustine, is extremely toxic and was to be taken one time at the beginning of the regimen. The second drug, Procarbizine, is less potent and is to be taken every day for 13 days in a row.” The doctor reversed the electronic instructions and the patient took the toxic medication everyday for almost two weeks versus once as intended.
This is an unfortunate event that is a risk of being a medical provider. No amount of compensation can take away the mistakes of a doctor and the life of someone that was hoping on their last chance at life. We hope the patient’s family had their pain and suffering compensated from the settlement.
No one deserves to be mistreated in such serious circumstances. If you or a loved one is suffering from negligence by a doctor, get in touch with a personal injury attorney to see what your chances are of reaching justice for your case.
Give our office a call at 703.748.3001 to discuss how we can help you!